This page contains detailed protocols developed here at Wake Forest University for quantitative microscopy acquisition and analysis.
Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching
Excellent articles about performing FRAP include:
1) Methods in Cell Biology, Vol. 85, pp. 329-351, 2008 by J.G. McNally.
2) Biophysical Journal, Vol. 94, pp. 3323-3339, 2008 by F. Mueller et al.
Raster Image Correlation Spectroscopy
Excellent articles about performing RICS include:
1. Rossow MJ, Sasaki JM, Digman MA, and Gratton E. 2010. Raster image correlation spectroscopy in live cells. Nature Protocols 5:1761-1774
2. Brown CM, Dalal RB, Herbert B, Digman MA, Horwitz AR, and Gratton E. 2008. Raster image correlation spectroscopy (RICS) for measuring fast protein dynamics and concentrations with a commercial laser scanning confocal microscope. J. Microscopy 229:78-91.
3. Kolin DL and Wiseman PW. 2007. Advances in image correlation spectroscopy: measuring number densities, aggregation states, and dynamics of fluorescently labeled macromolecules in cells. Cell Biochem Biophys 49:141-164.
Excellent articles about performing colocalization analysis include:
1) Journal of Microscopy, Vol. 224, pp. 213-232, 2006 by S. Bolte and F.P. Cordelieres
2) Biophysical Journal, Vol. 91, pp. 4611-4622, 2006 by J.W. Comeau et al.